Willkommen! Melden Sie sich an oder registrieren Sie sich.

Um schreiben oder kommentieren zu können, benötigen Sie ein Benutzerkonto.

Anmelden - oder - Benutzerkonto erstellen

Beiträge von Born to be mild

Willkommen in Deutschlands aktiver, kostenloser Motorrad-Community!

In diesem Motorradforum findest du eine große Auswahl rund um das Thema Motorrad, über unsere gemeinsame Ausfahrten, Treffen, News, Stammtische und mehr.

Seit 2003 treffen sich hier viele nette Leute im gesamten deutschsprachigen und europäischen Raum zum Austausch und für gemeinsame Unternehmungen.

Ob Anfänger, Profi oder einfach nur motorradbegeisterte Sozia, ob Racer, Tourer, Chopper- oder Cruiserfan , ganz egal, hier ist jeder willkommen!

Ohne Verein, ohne Hierarchie ist man hier gleich "drin" und mit dabei.

Auch wenn du ein Forum suchst in dem es nicht nur um das Thema Motorrad geht bist du hier 100% richtig.

Hier auf der Startseite wird dir als unregistriertem Gast leider nur eine kleine Auswahl unserer Themen angezeigt, um alles sehen zu können registriere dich bitte kostenlos und unverbindlich mit deiner E-Mail-Adresse und lege dir einen Spitznamen/Nick zu!

Wir werden dich herzlich in der FREEBIKER.COM - Familie willkommen heißen und freuen uns auf Dich.

It looks as though I owe you an apology, I thought that the thread had moved on and looking at Rubber Cow Fans post of 2nd May 2022 I thought that we were now discussing seal kits and then the discussion on 17th July had then moved on to master cylinders [ ''pumps'' according to Google translate] , maybe it is a misunderstanding on my part, I had not meant to divert the thread so my apologies to Rubber Cow Fan and also to Oelfinger both of whom it seems that I have accidently upset. I was merely intending to keep my Sachs on the road in the very unlikely event that a seal failed and was hoping to gain and hopefully share information with other 800 owners to everyone's benefit as I think that sharing information on these machines can only be a good thing for all of us.

Does anyone know the seal sizes for the front calliper on the 800 Roadster ? the Brembo callipers are getting expensive as an option if the seals in the Grimeca fail also does anyone know if it is possible to re-seal the clutch and brake master cylinders ? I think that it is possible that Guzzi used the same master cylinders just as some of the Guzzi 1100cc bikes and Monsters used the same Callipers, however, if the seals failed I would think that a complete master cylinder from another bike could be a replacement, [ would this be from a R6 looking at the posts above or have I misunderstood ?]

No probs, I haven’t a clue how to message someone on this site but if you know how send me your email addresses and I’ll send the drawings. I’m on holiday for the next week without my laptop so I’ll forward the drawings when I get back. If you can’t work out how to message on this site either then message me on the U.K. Intruder 800 site instead.

Code
    1. Great, cheers for that, I always find it interesting to see bikes being built especially if I happen to won the same model.
    2. PS, Any idea why I can't post on here without using 'quellcode'? [whatever that is].

Hi Adilmon, here's my fairly standard R800 apart from Hagon shocks on the rear and the EBC discs that you pointed out. Anyone else ?

Hi Adilmon, here's my pretty standard R800, aside from the Hagon dampers on the back and the EBC discs you pointed out. Anyone else?

Code
    1. Many [belated ] thanks Pierre. Nine years after you posted it I have just downloaded this and it's far better than my Haynes manual.
    2. Beaucoup [tardivement] remercient Pierre. Neuf ans après que vous l'ayez posté, je viens de le télécharger et c'est bien meilleur que mon manuel Haynes.
    Code
    1. Mine translates German to English automatically, sorry that it does not work the other way around for you on the few rare times that you need it to. Even when I copy and paste my response to you in German from Google translate the translation is in English on my screen but I assume that you are seeing it in German on your screen as you requested .
    2. Meiner übersetzt automatisch Deutsch ins Englische, sorry, dass es bei Ihnen in den wenigen seltenen Fällen, in denen Sie es brauchen, nicht umgekehrt funktioniert. Selbst wenn ich meine Antwort auf Deutsch von Google Translate kopiere und einfüge, ist die Übersetzung auf Englisch auf meinem Bildschirm, aber ich gehe davon aus, dass Sie sie auf Deutsch auf Ihrem Bildschirm sehen, wie Sie es angefordert haben.
    Code
    1. Hi Rubber Cow Fan,
    2. Apologies, the site translates to English it seems automatically unless I selected an option a long time ago that I've forgotten and I assumed that the reverse would be the case OR a reader in Germany could right click on the text and hit the 'Translate ' icon, however, point taken and I will use Google translate from now on;
    3. Hallo Gummi Kuh Ventilator,
    4. Entschuldigung, die Website übersetzt ins Englische, es scheint automatisch, es sei denn, ich habe vor langer Zeit eine Option ausgewählt, die ich vergessen habe, und ich nahm an, dass das Gegenteil der Fall sein würde ODER ein Leser in Deutschland könnte mit der rechten Maustaste auf den Text klicken und auf das Symbol "Übersetzen" klicken, jedoch Punkt genommen und ich werde von nun an Google Translate verwenden.
    Code
    1.  I have been a member of this forum for almost two years now and seem to have forgotten my manners so a belated hello to all other forum members. My
    2. bike is a 2002 Sachs 800 which is very rare in the UK, generally there only seems to ever be about 15-20 of them on the road with a further 53-48 in
    3. garages registered but tax not paid for road use so I've therefore never seen another one on the road anywhere which is a great shame as I think that
    4. The Sachs is a wonderful, if a little quirky bike but that's its charm.

This question aimed at Relax, I assume that you have changed the Sachs 800 spec carbs for the Suzuki ones ? Is this could be a worthwhile modification so in what ways did it improve your bike ?

Adilmon, regarding questions for Mr. Huhn I would find it interesting to see how many development kilometres went into the project for the 800 and what problems they encountered along the way. Another question for Adilmon is how on earth did you find these people !

One last general question, does anyone have photos of the Roadster 800 in production at the factory? I am always fascinated by where my bikes came from.